Thursday, May 8, 2014

When Jesus Healed...

Mark 7:36-37 King James Version (KJV)

36 And he charged them that they should tell no man: but the more he charged them, so much the more a great deal they published it;
37 And were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well: he maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak.


Mark 7:36-37 New International Version (NIV)

36 Jesus commanded them not to tell anyone. But the more he did so, the more they kept talking about it. 37 People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.”

--------


Whenever I read about someone that Jesus healed, Jesus often command them not to tell what He had done to others, but as always, they disobeyed Jesus and tell to everyone they know how miraculously Jesus healed them.

For quite some time, I thought they were sinning through disobedience, but I learned something else upon reading these verses.

I learned that they were actually praising God, confessing to everyone they know how an amazing Healer Jesus is. They cannot contain the joy in their hearts and they need to share it with others. They were touched by a Great Healer and they have to tell the world because their heart is jumping violently with pure joy.

And as Christians, don't we have to do the same? For someone who have been touched by God and experienced great things from Him, doesn't my heart jump with joy that I cannot contain? Therefore, just like those who have been healed in the Bible, I must stand and testify to everyone I know how great is the God I am serving and how big is His love for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment