Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Bible Verse Photo Blog (Second Entry)

(Since I've been challenged by a friend to post inspirational Bible Verse with photo for 14 Days, I decided to indulge deep into God's Word I'd be sharing and post it here. Here is my 2nd entry.) 

"Mula sa wakas ng lupa ay tatawag ako sa iyo, pagka nanglupaypay ang aking puso: patnubayan mo ako sa malaking bato na lalong mataas kay sa akin." 
Awit 61:2

"From the end of the earth I cry to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the Rock higher than I." 
Psalm 61:2



THE ROCK HIGHER THAN I

Some say that the Bible should be interpreted metaphorically and figuratively. I don't want to cause an argument here, but I believed, that God's Word is also literal. 

Psalm 61:2 can be interpreted both ways, depending on one's situation.  The picture above could be the literal scenario. As you can see, there's a climber (yes, there's a person in the picture, find it 😅), exhausted and maybe faint-hearted, praying to God for a shelter; a refuge for the exhausted body; something that would bring refreshment for the body and maybe for the soul too. And then, he found one. 

And that's where we see it metaporically and figuratively. That God is our shelter and refuge; the Rock that is higher than us. The One whom we long for when we're weary and tired. Tiredness that neither sleep nor rest cannot mend. Only Him - the Rock that is higher than us; whom our soul long for. 

And if ever you're in that sotuation, remember that Rock where you can always run to. Call unto Him, our God, who is ready to wrap you up in His arm to regain the strength of your soul and to keep you going. His comfort will surround you, just call unto Him and allow Him. He loves you so. 

See you again on my next entry. Shalom and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment